Friday, March 28, 2008

First pee, now this?

Some of you (my myspace friends) may remember when my ceiling collapsed outside of my apartment door last year. For those of you that don't know me IRL - it looked like this...


Nice, huh? My landlord had the roofers come out and check out any potential damage. They fixed the small leaky spot and gave the roof a good check to make sure that we would be all safe and sound.

Well, Either the roofers are crackheads (maybe the same crackhead that tried to pee on me this morning - scroll down), or my roof is out to get me. Here is what I came home to this afternoon...


Yes, ladies and gentleman, that is water leakage around one of the light fixtures in my bathroom.

This cannot be good. Does anyone know what this means as far as my electricity is concerned? Obviously, I won't turn on this particular light, but do I need to worry about turning anything else on in the same circuit? Seeing as how I have no idea what fixtures are on what circuit - this may be difficult, but I can probably guesstimate in the name of not blowing a fuse.

Know what else is fun? If I flip a circuit - the only access to the fuse box is in the basement - which is only accessable through the first floor apartment. So, if I do flip something, I will be at the mercy of my neighbor...or my landlord...who still has not called me back.

Fun huh?

On a brighter side, maybe this is karma's (not my cat - the other karma) way of reminding me to take part in Earth Hour Chicago. This is something that my company is backing pro bono and I encourage all of you Chicagoans to get involved. Turn off your power for one hour tomorrow at 8. Go to the website. Learn more. Make a statement. Link on your blog. Do it. More importantly, do it because you want to...not because you might flip a breaker because your bathroom light fixture is leaking water and you are scared to turn anything on.

Besides, candles smell pretty.

4 comments:

becky said...

Wow - I wish I had known about Earth Hour. What a cool concept. I'm really sorry about your leaky light fixture, though... I hope your landlord has responded to you by now :/

KC said...

Get in on it for next year!

Aunt Becky said...

Eeep.

Your bathroom looks fucking sexxy.

Anonymous said...

Michael Kors escape brood [url=http://www.michaelkors--handbags.com/]Michael Kors handbags[/url] assign in online supply acerbic white sale Michael Kors handbags, Michael Kors serious www.michaelkors--handbags.com satches,shoulder bags, wallets, watches. Furlough shipping!