Thursday, March 6, 2008

Office Commandments (Part 2)

When exiting the elevator, thou shall move thou fat ass as people exit to make room for thou co-workers.

Amen.
The bonus illustrated version.......


Cast of Characters
Bubble #1: Guy that looks familiar - but I just can't place him
Bubble #2: My old boss
Bubble #3: The HR admin - she smells like cigarettes
Bubble #4: The Girl on 6 that always looks like she is going to the club instead of work
Bubble #5: The skank with the burnt popcorn yesterday
Bubble #6: Some skinny chick
Bubble #7: Me - trying to get to the 10th floor
Bubble #8: Fat Guy from the 17th floor
Bubble #9: Intern
We enter at the lobby, filling the elevator to it's 9(ish) person capacity. We smile dimly at first and then avoid eye contact at all costs.

Several riders exit at their respective floors. Notice how I get pinned in the corner (I am bubble #7 - pay attention!) between fatty #8 and Club-wear chick #4. Smokey the Admin (#3) stays put and Burnt Popcorn (#5) move forward to give Fatty a little breathing room. Meanwhile, Clubwear is texting her bff whilst I attempt to burn holes in the back of her tube top with my eyes.

At my floor, I have to physically move Clubwear out of my way as she has now answered a call on her cell and is ignoring my polite "excuse me." I am met with a dirty look as I stumble out of the elevator after tripping over Fatty's lunch bag. Burnt Popcorn says "Good Morning" as she turns toward her cube carrying a big box of Orville Redenbacher. Smokey in HR coughs and the Elevator door closes.

fin.



1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

Dude, I am in love with your illustrations. They make me smile.