Thursday, March 6, 2008

Meme, youyou

I was tagged for my very first meme (I'm new to the blogosphere - what?) by Aunt Becky.

Directions: Pick up the closest book. Open the book, turn to page 123, count down to the fifth sentence on that page, and then post the next three sentences.

The book is "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell.

But Sesame Street just somehow never took that idea and ran with it. They knew that kids did this some of the time, but they never tried to build a show around that idea. Nickelodeon did some pilot shows before Blue's Clues where kids would be explicitly asked to participate, and lo and behold, there was a lot of evidence that they would.

Now that I have typed someone else's words into this space - what am I to do? I'm not sure if what I read is supposed to have some sort of existential meaning. Perhaps I am supposed to reflect upon this passage and determine it's place in the greater scheme of things and this discuss it at length in this post. Luckily, I am just not that deep when it comes to my reading material (or life in general, really) - so you shall be spared the boredom.

I believe I am supposed to tag some more people now. I think only about 5 people read my blog, so I shall tag you all. Special taggage goes out to the Other Lovely Becky for being my only regular commenter that I don't know IRL. Yay for my virtual posse of 1. You are truly a pioneer.

4 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Dude, next time I will tag you with a cooler one. This one isn't so awesome, BUT I'd been tagged twice and felt mean not doing it.

Anonymous said...

Ok baby,

From this point on I shall be a commenting member of the blog community. I suppose I should get points for doing so on a classy page like yours & not some tabloid site

Anyway, my comment for now is a simple request for more entertaining office commandments. Any general boyfriend bolstering would work as well

Love ya lots,

Matt

Love

Matt

KC said...

Becky - Oh no - No worries for real. I just didn't know what to do with it.

Matt- Yay!

becky said...

Oh yay! I've been out of the blogosphere (can't decide if I like that word or not...) for a few days, and what a lovely surprise to come back to! I've never been officially tagged before. I'm glad you were my first ;)