Monday, February 11, 2008

The world is missing something incredible

I met her in High School through some mutual friends. She was so outgoing and outspoken and beautiful. She was beautiful in a way that would have made Barbie jealous – and she didn’t even know it.

She was the type of person where you didn’t even have to know her to love her. Just a moment in her presence was enough to know that she had something powerful inside of her – something much bigger than this world.

When I think about my times with her, I remember her infectious laugh or the 10 minute giggle-fits brought on by her sarcastic sense of humor. She was amazingly funny, and the type of friend that would call you out for a reality check when you got out of line. She was stubborn and sassy and fiercely loyal – and I adored her for all of it.

Life had been difficult for her the past few years, and she fought so hard. Though the outcome was not what anyone could have expected, she was brave. She sought help when many would have run from reality. She wanted better things for herself and her kids – and she tried to get well.

Her kids will never know the girl I knew, but she leaves behind a piece of herself in her children. We will hear her voice through her children’s laughter, and feel her touch through their embrace. She was so proud of them – and I don’t think she would have fought so hard if it wasn’t for their love.

I am going to miss her terribly, but I am so lucky to have known her while she was here. I can honestly say that I am a better human being because I knew this girl.

Get some rest, friend. You are gonna need that energy when Aunt Becky and I join you - we will have so much to catch up. Do they serve coffee in heaven?




*More reflection courtesy of Becky here and here

3 comments:

shay said...

I left on note on Becky's blog too.
Your testimony to her life speaks volumes as to what kind of woman she was/is. I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye too soon.
Hugs

paisana said...

I only met her once, but I remember liking her. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Aunt Becky said...

They had BETTER serve coffee in heaven. We're gonna need gallons of it.