Thursday, May 8, 2008

Why is it called a Meme?

I have been holding off on responding to my Meme tags from both Aunt Becky and Paisana (PS - Thanks for hangin' last night. It was fun). Luckily, they tagged me with the same meme, so now I can kill two birds with one stone.

Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself (things/habits/quirks).
4. Name some of your favorite blogs.
5. Send an email/comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.

1. I don't like chocolate. It doesn't make me sick or anything, but I just prefer not to eat it. The taste doesn't do much for me unless it is in the form of white chocolate covered pretzels or a mocha latte - and even then - I could care less. Brownies repulse me though. The smell makes me cringe.

2. I hate checking my voicemail. When I get to work and the red voicemail light is lit on my phone, I become immediately agitated. This carries over to my cell phone as well. I go weeks without checking my messages because they are usually boring.

3. I can't type. I mean, I have fingers and stuff, but I never bothered to learn how to do it correctly. I think the feminist in me decided early on that typing was for secretaries (where did I get that idea?), so I refused to learn. I was going to be successful and have my minions type for me. I now realize that I am retarted. I have graduated from the hunt and peck method, but I still only use 3 fingers on each hand when I type. It's actually kind of embarrassing.

4. I am physically incapable of sitting through a meeting without doodling all over my notebook. I draw people, I write my name, anything to keep me from sitting and listening like a normal person. It's a terrible habit. I also only use sharpies (the thin point) or mechanical pencils at work. I hate pens. God, I'm weird.

5. I actually like Richard Simmons. When I see him on television, my heart is filled with glee. I consider his enthusiasm to be contagious and I admire his optimistic spirit. The fact that he is so passionate about what he does for others is inspiring to me, even if he is completely crazy.



6. I hate the smell of cigarettes. This is only notable because I was a die-hard smoker until October 2007. I have turned into a huge asshole about it and I am SOOO happy that bars and restaurants in Chicago do not have smoking sections anymore.

I am supposed to tag people, but I am going to take a cue from Aunt Becky and invite anyone reading this to share an unimportant quirk about themselves in the comments section.

Happy Thursday Bitches!

6 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Your list is sexxy.

Hmmm....

I totally am afraid of earwigs. Like petrified.

Anonymous said...

How the eff could you not like chocolate? that's weird. I also despise voice mail. How's this: If my stainless sink has any water droplets on it i want to scream. i'm not a neat freak but the sink... that fucking sink. I also have issues with people wearing both a necklace and earrings together. I also don't like people who dont drink. That really bugs me.

KC said...

Aunt Becky - Yeah Earwigs are nasty. I get those creepy centepede things in my place sometimes and the give me mega-heebie-jeebies.

Rhorho - thanks for de-lurking - and I TOTALLY am with you on the sink! Those little water marks drive me crazy. As for people that don't drink? I don't trust 'em.

Kyddryn said...

That's OK, I'll happily take your share of the chocolate and deposit it on my fifty (soon to be sixty) acre ass.

I like to polish silver. Really. I will happily sit for hours on end and polish away at a mountain of chaffing dishes, flat wear, serving dishes and candlesticks. I don't know why, but it makes me happy.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K (delurking at long last)

KC said...

Kyddryn - My ass is approaching the 60 acre mark as well. Without Chocolate even!

Anonymous said...

Okay so I didn't read the whole post closely, but I know why it's called a meme!

By the way, hi! I'm Valerie. You can find me at http://green-kiwis.diaryland.com if you like.

But anyway, memes are like, fads. They're described in chapter 10 of Richard Dawkin's "Selfish Gene." I just had to read it for class...