Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Weekend Update + Ask the Internet: Name my Scooter

I spent a lot of time on the new scooter this weekend. It was beautiful in Chicago on both Saturday and Sunday, which meant I was going to be out and about as much as possible.

Saturday was primarily speant hungover and aching, but I got it together around 2:30 (I know, I know) and met up with "The Gays" for some German Beer festival action. Let me tell you, you have not experienced fun until you rate the hotness of men in Lederhosen with a few catty gay men. Though I was not drinking (I was on a scooter - I'm not stupid), it ended up being a really good time.

Sunday, I woke up early and decided to spend the day out riding and exploring. The sun rewarded me for my efforts with one the most glorious farmer's tans in the history of all farmer's tans. Thing is, instead of a tan, it's more of a burn - a very painful, very red burn. I seriously look like I am wearing a flesh colored t-shirt with red arm warmers and a scarlet neck scarf. It is truly a sight to behold.

Even with the burn, the weekend treated me pretty well. I had some emotional moments (thanks for listening Becky), but the scooter has proven to be a very nice escape. There is only one thing left to do....and I need help. I want to name my scooter. People name boats and motorcycles all the time, so now it's my turn. The scooter is Seafoam Green and is a Genuine Scooter Company Buddy Scooter (125 cc).



As I understand it, most vehicles/boats are given women's names. However, I get the distinct feeling that my scooter is of the male persuasion. Perhaps it's because the model is a "Buddy," or maybe it's just because I like the idea of a man between my legs (Snap!). However, I am open to it's sex (look at me with all my filthy innuendos), it just needs a good name. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

Weenis.

KC said...

Hahahahahaha.

Kyddryn said...

Goblin, 'cause it's goblin' up the miles AND it's green.

Hardeeharhar...yeah, I'm a little slow today.

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Erin said...

Weenis totally wins, but what about Burt, as in Sher-burt. I know that's not how you spell sherbet, but that's all I've got. Then you could talk to it in an Ernie voice. "Let's go, Burt"

Anonymous said...

I like "Bitch" personally. As in, I have to go ride my Bitch. Or sorry, I can't make it in to work today, my Bitch needs me.

cd0103 said...

Shadow? I don't know why?? I also like Goblin.

Anonymous said...

Twig? As in twig & berries. lol