Monday, June 9, 2008

Thera-Flu is not helping my productivity

I bought the new David Sedaris book last week and I am so excited to read it - that I could shit. Seriously, I heart him with the warmth of 1,000 suns. My love is admittedly unnatural but I am unapologetic as he is without a doubt, my favorite author. The problem is that I am in the middle of reading a different book & I steadfastly refuse to put down the book I am reading until I am finished. (Don't get on me for reading Jodi Picoult - I like her and I don't care what you elitists say. So There. Ppptttbbbbb.)

In other news, I think I contracted The Bubonic Plague this weekend - so I am hopped up on cold meds and am borderline delirious. Sigh.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I hope you feel better soon. Summer colds suck ass.

I have the same problem. If I have started a book, I always feel the need to finish it before I start another. Even if I don't like the book I'm reading. Yeah, weird.

Kyddryn said...

Feel better soon!

I'm naughty - I usually read more than one and up to five at a time, depending on content. Enjoy your hopped up reading!

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

Anonymous said...

I do what I want! (complete with Cartman voice) I need to read more books, but I've got to find the time somewhere. Lucky you, those Sedaris kids are funny folks! Ginger got me Amy's book on housekeeping and parties. It's awesome.