Sunday, June 15, 2008

The book Meme

Honeywine has tagged me for a Meme and it goes a little something like this;

Step One – pull out a book on the book shelf.

Step Two – go to page 123.

Step Three – read and write out the 5th sentence.

Step Four – tag 5 more people.

For this excersise, I have chosen class and substance in the form of The Bad Girl's Guide to the Open Road, by Cameron Tuttle. This classic treasure explores topics that are essential to road trip success including; 14 ways to open a beer bottle on your car (such sophistication), 11 things to do with condoms (blow it up for lumbar back support!), and tips to get out of a speeding ticket.

Page 123 deals with the best way to piddle when you can't find facilities. The 5th sentence reads, "On top of that, it's a great way to be united with nature and a way to give back."

I have elegant and sophisticated taste, no? I am supposed to tag people now, but being that I am so rebellious - I will tag nobody! Muah-ha-ha. However, feel free to share your favorite book or what you are currently reading in the comments section. I am always interested in new authors and would love some ideas of something new to check out. Don't be intimidated by my obvious sheik and refined tastes (Ha!), suggest away!

2 comments:

Erin said...

My all-time favorite book is Bag of Bones by Stephen King. I have read it 3 times, and I do NOT read books more than once. He's my favorite author, natch. Sentence 5 on page 123 reads "Very recently he'd done so." The narrator is talking about a plumber laying some pipes. Heh, heh. If you like thrillers, this is a great one, also try Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill. It's wonderful. Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I HATE peeing outside! Ugghhh...I had enough of that kinda crap as a kid (we even had an outhouse). But the condom tip is definitely one I can use. Tina and I even found one left behind in the car the other day (Will is a ho)!