Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hi Guys -

Back in 2005, my cousin Liz experienced Hurricane Katrina on duty as a nurse in a New Orleans hospital. Shortly after documenting her experiences on her blog, she had some computer failure causing her to lose all of her pictures. Recently, a friend helped her recover the pictures she had lost, and her blog has been updated accordingly. I feel like it's important to share her story - but I think that I should let her tell it. If you care to read, her entries start here. When you get to the end of the page - scroll up and hit "next."

http://auryn24.livejournal.com/298313.html

1 comment:

Erin said...

I just went over and read...very, very powerful stuff. Please tell your cousin thank you for sharing her experience.

I lived in Louisiana at that time, and though we weren't directly effected by Katrina, we were hit by Rita a few weeks later. It was nothing compared to Katrina, and it was terrifying.