Friday, July 25, 2008

You make me warm and fuzzy

Somehow, even though I have been a mega-lame wad and have not been posting much these days, I have been nominated for a blog award by Paisana and Ginger Magnolia. Woot!

Look at it. Isn't it pretty and shiny? I want to love it and pet it with my thumb as I walk along..




Anyhoo, somewhere in my cold dark heart, I really do appreciate that people are still hanging around and reading when I have occasionally posted. You guys are super-awesome. And I swear I still read you guys - I have just been a mega-non-commenting-jerk-face lately. But this mega-non-commenting-jerk-face loves you, mmmkay?

The award is called the Arte Y Pico award and it comes with a meme

The rules state:

1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award through creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.

2. Each award should have the name of the author with a link to their blog.

3. Award winners have to post the award with the name and link to the blog of the person who gave them the award.

4. Please include a link to the “Arte Y Pico” blog so that everyone will know where the award came from. (And so the blog can pick up a crap-load of traffic - I assume)

And Here’s How It Works:

1. Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog:
3. Tell about 5 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 5 following bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.


So..ok here it is...

1. I hate squirrels. I'm not really scared of them or anything, but I don't trust them. Something about their beady eyes and that creepy chatter sound that they make. I would honestly not be sad if I never saw another squirrel again in my life.

2. One of my favorite shows to watch on television is "Clean House" on the Style network. I watch it instead of cleaning my own place.

3. Like many women, my guilty pleasure is Celebrity Gossip. And while I am definitely a feminist (*gasp), I adore some of the most misogynistic blogs like WWTDD. The guy is a jerk, but also very, very funny.

4. I am getting geared up to do the Master Cleanse detox. I was going to start yesterday, but I have to be in Phoenix for work next week. I didn't figure it would bode well for me to forgo dinner with Clients in favor of homemade lemonade. Plus, I advertise for a major brand of alcoholic beverages. We are pretty much required to drink with our clients. I know, I know life is rough. I am trying to find 14 travel-free days so I can torture myself on a diet of lemonade, saltwater and laxative tea. I am actually excited about it.

5. I am totally listening to Elvis right now in my office & it rules.

Now I am supposed to tag a bunch of people. Because I am a bitch rebel, I am going to skip this step. I am totally that person that deletes chain e-mails and never follows the tagging portion of meme's...and know what? I'm not sorry.

Hearts and snuggles to all of you. Awards make me warm and fuzzy - even if I do buck tradition. Besides, there are enough links in this post already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're forgiven, ya hot mess! I too love Neicy. :)

Erin said...

Ooooh gurl...I loves me some Neicy Nash. O-kay?

And thanks for giving me a new gossip site to try.